Negative feedback for K Sport USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrownDogg
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:06 am

Negative feedback for K Sport. I bought their front camber arm which is also the front upper a-arm on an Infiniti G35. Part # CKNS04

I installed these camber arms on my Infiniti G35 back at the end of November 2009 and had them on the car for about 4000 miles in total. I installed coilovers on the car and noticed that the powder coat was chipping off of the a-arm right around the adjustable camber plate. I further examined the arms and noticed that they were actually bent which is why the powder coating chipped off.

I notified an employee that works at K Sport of this issue and I brought the car into K Sport and put it up on their lift so they could see the bent a-arms. K Sport at first said it might have happened because I was lowering on just lowering springs instead of coilovers so the car had more body and moved around more causing them to bend.

If that was the case, it shouldn't matter because these camber arms were designed for lowered cars. There is absolutely no point of having these arms unless your car is lowered so that makes no sense. They stated they were not going to warranty them because they have never seen this problem before.

I took the a-arms off the car a few weeks later and noticed that they were in fact a lot more messed up that I originally thought. They bent in multiple places which should definitely not happen. As you can see in the pictures below, they bent a good amount and it is clearly a failed piece of equipment for my car. I took the front a-arms/camber arms into K Sport and showed them how bad they bent and they still said they were not going to warranty them because they have never seen this issue before.

The most logical reason they haven't seen any bad a-arms is because the average person would have never noticed that they were bent. The a-arms still functioned on the car and the car was still completely drivable with them. The average person would buy these arms, take them to a shop and have them installed and then aligned and never look under the car to see them. You can't really see them once they are on the car anyways.

To me this is a big safety concern. If they failed and the metal bent that much in that short of time span, imagine how badly these would look after being on the car many more miles. 50K-100K miles they probably would have snapped off. What if they would have completely failed while I was driving or drifting at the race track? The damages would be horrific let alone my safety in jeopardy.

While I was at K Sport comparing my defective camber arms to a new set that they had on the shelf. One of the BRAND NEW never installed a-arms was bent in the same place as mine before it was even installed! So this is clearly a weak spot in the design of this product.

This just goes to show how poor their customer service is. I have bought lots of K Sport products in the past. I have had their coilovers on my 1993 240sx, coilovers on my 1996 240sx as well as every suspension component offered by K Sport on my S14. Coilovers on my G35 as well as every other suspension component they make for my car. I have always had good things to say about them until now when their product failed on me. It appears as though they cut costs on the quality of the materials being used to make their suspension components because these a arms bent in almost every possible place that they could have. It really makes me angry knowing that I have owned so many of their products and have said so many good things about K Sport and how their quality has changed and they finally make a solid product but apparently I was wrong.

This product that I purchased new retails for $570! I sure would like to think that a camber arm that costs that much is not going to fail on me. I bet Cusco, Tein, Spc, and other companies products do not fail on them like this.

I can assure you that these did not bend due to my driving being careless or something along those lines. I am a very careful driver and am always on the lookout for potholes. If only 1 side was bent then I could see K Sport blaming the failure on me but since both arms are bent in the same places, this is clearly an issue.

Cliff notes for those that don't like to read:

1) Bought K Sport front upper a arms/camber arms.
2) K Sports product failed on me
3) K Sport refuses to warranty their defective product
4) I am stuck with almost $600 paper weights

The Pictures:

You can see all the spots in the arm that bent by looking at the powder coating that is cracked at each bend.

Picture of the arms before I installed them so you can see that I did in fact purchase them brand new and never installed.

Here are the pictures of the bent cheap quality arms

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dasiknes803
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 4003

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Crazy Alex. Good luck with that man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DmIzTeR
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Number of posts : 1113

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:37 pm

damn this really sux. this happened to a buddy on my with some extended a-arms for a quad. Poor design and the know it. They are gonna try to make it your fault for buying them probably. I am sad to hear this, but at least you noticed it. like you said could have been much worse. Good luck on getting the customer service you deserve. If not start a anti blog this will surly hurt there business in this sensitive economy. Cheap material and lack of gusits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.whatisflossy.com
The Kirby
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 am

hey Alex ring up Big J and see if there's anything he can slide in. I hope everything gets resolved man.

View user profile
BrownDogg
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:05 am

Nobody will be able to do anything to help me. lol

I was dealing with K Sport directly as I know a few of the people that work there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DmIzTeR
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:00 am

sounds like you need an inside job
Back to top Go down
BrownDogg
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:02 am

haha yea I'll say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pasquale
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 4105

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:39 am

Man that's a bumer makes me scared to look at my coil overs I've hit a few bad pot holes since I bought them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FARRbB
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 am

dude sorry to see this that it looks shity product man. i hope they do something to help you out

(EDIT* one beer a mile or shut up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DmIzTeR
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:24 pm

if the slots for the bolt holes weren't so close to the edge of the metal they look like they wud be stronger. maybe this pair is defective? these are def not cheap arms hope you get some answers but my friend never did. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
No Limitz Built
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Number of posts : 760

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:33 pm

He is leaving a lot out here. K Sport denied it cause he was drifting on coil springs and they showed him why and where they were hitting. Also he did not buy them from a shop. He bought them from a friend that got them for FREE from K Sport. I talked to Nick about this. He did offer Alex a set at cost to help him out.

This post has been removed or locked on almost all forums since K sport has replyed with the other side of the story facts as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nolimitzind.com
BrownDogg
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:46 pm

I will say this once again... First off it only got deleted off of 1 forum which was G35 Driver.... Basically the scion life for G35. It got deleted on there because a lot of people actually took my side and agreed with what I was saying so K sport pulled some strings and had it deleted. Pretty shady if you ask me.

Also, my point of making this was to show that they failed and they never should have ever. Whether I drifted on them or not. I was lowered on springs at the time which is perfectly fine. So the fact that they failed according to how they claim they failed is BS. And that was my point. These A arms suck if I cant use them on a lowered car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJ
Poster
Poster

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, most manufacturers have rules about this sort of thing, & I'm guessing K-Sport is no different. Never used their products, so I dunno anything more about them than what I read, but unless they were designed specifically for racing (i.e. drifting) then I'd bet you don't have a legal leg to stand on. I'm not sure it's such a good idea to put them on blast all over the internet when you are leaving out fairly important parts of the story, too. You seem like a sharp kid & I'm guessing even you could admit that drifting is NOT the same as everyday, normal driving, right? Now, I'm not a suspension guru when it comes to cars, but I'm pretty good when it comes to Motocross & I do most of my own valving, spring changes, seal replacement, etc & I know the difference between standard parts & heavy duty parts. I also know that different conditions call for different setups. If my bike is valved for outdoor MX, with softer springs & plusher valving, & I go race Supercross (not that I'm fast enough for either, just an example), torque down my compression and rebound, & break a shock mount because I'm bottoming out on half the track, I know I can't go back to Race Tech or Eibach, or whoever's suspension I'm running & demand a refund/replacement or put them on blast. Some times, you just have to chalk these kinds of things off as Life Lessons & move on. I know that's hard for some younger troops to understand, but that's part of life. Not trying to blast you or anyone else, just maybe giving you something to think about. And next time, might want to read the fine print before you do all that work!...//TJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitalmx.com
crispyxb
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 1742

PostSubject: Re: Negative feedback for K Sport USA   Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:10 pm

I like cheese.

IanxB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 615